Thank you for your interest in The International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children. We value the hard work, commitment, and contributions of our staff members as well as our interns! If you support our goal of making the world safer for children, and have a passion for excellence, we want to hear from you! Available positions and internships are listed below. Once you have submitted an application, we will contact you if your skills and experience match our needs. Please do not contact by phone.
- Legal Research Internship
Supporting the Vice President of Policy & Research, the organization ‘s research arm, by writing, editing, and conducting substantive legal and public policy research for a variety of publications, reports, white papers, and other projects. Interns may focus on topics such as missing children, child sexual abuse material, online grooming, child sex trafficking, child sexual abuse and exploitation, sextortion, and revenge pornography, and other related topics. Interns also may utilize foreign language skills and regional areas of expertise.
What are the requirements to intern at ICMEC?
The nature of ICMEC’s activities generally requires that:
Legal Research Interns:
- Be available to work 12 to 15 weeks, at least 15 hours per week (20+ hours preferred) during the Fall or Spring semesters;
- Be available to work 8 to 12 weeks, at least 20 hours per week (30+ hours preferred) during the Summer term;
- Undergo initial and periodic background checks; and
- Have completed undergraduate studies (working toward a Master’s or Juris Doctorate degree strongly preferred). We will consider students in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of undergraduate studies with relevant experience.
Is the internship paid?
All internships are unpaid, though ICMEC does provide a small stipend to help defray commuting costs to ICMEC’s headquarters office. Internships also may be granted academic credit (please refer to your school’s internship/externship requirements).
Does ICMEC provide housing?
ICMEC does not provide housing for interns nor do we provide a stipend to cover living expenses.
How do I apply?
An application form is available at www.icmec.org/careers. You can submit the application form online. Please be sure to include a Statement of Purpose or cover letter, résumé, official or unofficial transcripts, and writing sample.
Point of Contact:
ICMEC Internship Coordinator
2318 Mill Road, Suite 1010
Alexandria, VA 22314
When do I apply?
Applications must be received by the application deadline:
- August 16 for Fall semester;
- December 31 for Spring semester; or
- March 16 for Summer semester.
We will do our best to respond to you quickly upon receiving and reviewing your application, usually within 3-4 weeks.