ICMEC works throughout Europe to raise awareness on child sexual exploitation and abuse, provide training and resources in child protection best practices to law enforcement, educators and telecom regulators. Specifically, ICMEC is currently:
- one of 24 organizations supporting the European Union-funded HEROES project working to fight against the crimes of human trafficking and child sexual abuse and improve victim assistance.
- conducting a Multisectoral Response & Capacity gap assessment in Moldova, evaluating the nation’s capacity to defend and respond to child sexual exploitation.
- providing in-person training in Moldova, Bulgaria, Poland and throughout eastern Europe so first responders and helpline workers have the knowledge and tools to support refugees fleeing from Ukraine with trauma-informed care and knowledge of the risk of conflict-related human trafficking.
- implementing the AMBER Alert system in Albania to support the search and safe recovery of missing children in Albania.
ICMEC staff in europe:
Elena Botezatu, National Program Manager
Zoé Colpaert, HEROES / Europe Program Manager
Debbie Downes, Director, Global School Initiatives
Hannah Gould, Digital Marketing Associate
Some of our valuable partners throughout Europe include:
- European Commission
- ECPAT International
- Missing Children Europe
- Child Rights Centre Albania (CRCA) / ECPAT
- Internet Watch Foundation (UK)
- Universities including Universidad Complutense Madrid, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, University of Kent, UK