Essential Recruiting Practices for international school communities have been formulated following a year-long pilot at 75 schools globally. As a result, the International Task Force on Child Protection (ITFCP) produced a checklist of core and recommended recruiting practices for schools to use when screening and assessing candidates.
As a first step in adopting these recommendations, the Task Force strongly recommends that all schools broadly post a statement of commitment to safer recruitment practices, including their public websites and all documents used as part of the recruitment and selection process:
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Recommended recruitment and screening resources include:
- ITFCP Recommended Screening and Assessment Practices, 2017
- Acquaintance Molestation (screening guidance), Lanning
- Preventing Abuse in Youth-Serving Organizations (recruitment, interview questions, reference and background checks), CDC
- Recruitment Practices BIS
- Reference Checking Advice
- Reference Writing Advice
- Screening and Hiring Procedures (Committee for Children)
- Verification of Educator Licensure US & Canada