Essential Recruiting Practices for international school communities have been formulated following a year-long pilot at 75 schools globally. As a result, the International Task Force on Child Protection (ITFCP) produced a checklist of core and recommended recruiting practices for schools to use when screening and assessing candidates.
As a first step in adopting these recommendations, the Task Force strongly recommends that all schools broadly post a statement of commitment to safer recruitment practices, including their public websites and all documents used as part of the recruitment and selection process:
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Recommended recruitment and screening resources include:
- ITFCP Safer Recruitment Checklist – New – Key Resource
- 6 tips from an expert on ID verification when hiring (SecEd, UK)
- Beyond Background Checks Infographic (ICMEC)
- Employment Law and Child Protection (Farrer & Co.)
- Preventing Abuse in Youth-Serving Organizations (recruitment, interview questions, reference and background checks), CDC
- Recruitment Practices BIS
- Reference Checking Advice
- Reference Writing Advice
- Safer Recruitment (NSPCC Learning)
- Sample Disclosure Release Form for References_Middle East (ASD)
- Sample Recruitment Policy UK_HLIS
- Verification of Educator Licensure US & Canada – New