Latest Updates: Child Protection News
- Groomed: how a film-maker learned to confront a childhood of abuse (The Guardian, 17 March 2021)
- Half of men have had unwanted sexual experiences, UK study finds (The Guardian, 16 Feb 2021)
- DfE warns schools could be closed over ‘rape culture’ claims (The Guardian, 28 March 2021)
- EU data privacy legislation colliding with online child protection reporting (NYT, 4 Dec 2020)
- COVID pandemic sees global rise in child suicide (WaPo, 23 Nov 2020)
- Adapting abuse prevention education to remote learning environments (CIS Perspectives Blog, 14 Sept 2020)
- INTERPOL report highlights impact of COVID on online facilitated child sexual abuse (INTERPOL, 7 Sept 2020)
Find resources for CHILD PROTECTION during the COVID-19 response and location of additional material on education portal below.
- Adapting to New Learning Environments (Prevention, School Policies and Child Protection News)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Toxic Stress Infographic (Support)
- Anonymous Reporting Systems and Surveys (Accreditation FAQs)
- CDC Guidance for Schools
- COVID Tips for Teachers and Students Infographic
- FAQs about COVID Response (Accreditation FAQs)
- For Professionals Protecting Children (EVAC)
- Global Reporting Mechanisms (Reporting & Support)
- Guidance for Safer Working Practices COVID Addendum (School Policies and Risk Assessment) Updated!
- Guidance for Online Performances from SWGfL (Checklists)
- Guidance from FBI on staying safe online during pandemic
- How to Support your Community: mental health and well-being during Coronavirus
- Live Streaming Online Student Lesson with Video (Lesson Links)
- Key Considerations for School Return (Alliance policy paper)
- Local and online help form template for parents (Prevention)
- Role of Mandatory Reporters (Prevention)
- Online Safety Considerations for Reopening Schools
- Online Safety Resources During COVID (EVAC)
- Online Safety Education Action Plan and Audit (Audits and Online Safety Education)
- Protection of Children during Coronavirus Pandemic (Prevention)
- Protecting Children from Domestic Abuse (Support)
- Sample COVID Child Protection Policy Addendum_UK (School Policies)
- Sample Social Media Policy South America (School Policies)
- Safer Remote Learning (School Policies)
- Safer Virtual School Infographic (School Policies) Updated!
- Team Assessment of Student Vulnerability and Program Risk (Audits, Risk Management)
- Technical Note: Protection of Children during COVID-19 (Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action) v.2 Updated!
- To Record or Not to Record
- Twenty Safeguarding Actions for Lessons by Video or Livestream Infographic
- Quick Risk Assessment during COVID (Risk Management)
- To share with parents
Regional Response and Additional Languages:
- Association of American Schools in South America (AASSA) COVID page
- Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA) COVID page
- Asumamos el miedo…evitemos el pánico – COVID 19, la niñez y las responsabilidades adultas
- My Hero is You storybook, up to age 11 (ISCA 40 languages)
- Safer Virtual School (Simplified Chinese)
- Technical note in 11 languages including nota técnica en español
Videos and Webinars:
- ICMEC Multidisciplinary Webinars
- My name is Coronavirus! and special needs Maketon/image version
- Stay safe at home, safe online for children and parents
- Short answers for youth-serving professionals to five child protection questions
- Introduction to child protection during the pandemic
- Question 1 – What should we watch for?
- Question 2 – Who is vulnerable at this time?
- Question 3 – How can I support colleagues and parents?
- Question 4 – What reporting and response options are available?
- Question 5 – What resources are useful right now?
- To Record or Not to Record AISA Webinar
- Webinar series for child-serving professionals
COVID Child Protection Updates
- Update 7: Resources for Parents Coming soon!
- Update 6: Resources for Senior Leaders
- Update 5: Awareness Supports Prevention
- Update 4: Back to (Hybrid) School
- Update 3: Strategic Planning for Recovery
- Update 2: Child Protection in Time of COVID Response
- Update 1: Making Virtual School Safer and Appropriate Terminology
You can share resources with us at EdPortal@ICMEC.org.