The ICMEC Education Portal provides news of global or regional significance in support of abuse prevention, comprehensive policies and protocols, and the furthering of constructive discussion around child protection in youth serving organizations. Material presented here does not constitute an endorsement by ICMEC, nor can we guarantee veracity or accuracy.
You may share resources or articles for possible inclusion with EdPortal@ICMEC.org.
- Survivor, Aly Raisman, tells organizations that sheltered abuser, it’s your turn to listen to me (Time, Jan 2018)
- University faces victims: today is about your story, MSU/Nassar (The Detroit News, Jan 2018)
- Larry Nassar: a trail of sexual abuse in schools, homes, and sports facilities (The Detroit News, Jan 2018)
- Student complaints about teen classroom helper not heeded (The Gazette, Jan 2018)
- Facebook reports youths now charged in Denmark for distributing sexually explicit material (BBC, Jan 2018)
- India launches portal for reporting online abuse (The Hindu, Jan 2018)
- School psychologist cleared of charges related to failing to report abuse (The Republic, Jan 2018)
- Spotlighting Problem of Sexual Assault in Schools #MeTooK12 (EdWeek, Jan 2018)
- Snapchat and schools – monitoring what students post online (Most viewed EdWeek video of 2017 from PBS News Hour, June 2017)
- Indonesian maid charged for streaming video of children bathing, but cultural differences blamed (BBC article, Dec 2017)
- Australia Royal Commission issues 17 volume final report of five year study into institutional abuse (Guardian article, Dec 2017)
- First US educator charged with failure to report abuse nears trial (Rhode Island Public Radio, Dec 2017)
- How a school committed to child protection training in Arabic to meet the needs of its community (CIS Perspectives, Nov 2017)
- NAIS/TABS Task Force addresses educator sexual misconduct (Keeping Tabs blog, Aug 2017)